Why choose childcare as a career?
- IT’S REWARDING...A job that involves working with children has many rewards. You will have the enjoyment and pleasure of working with children and the satisfaction of being involved in a child's physical, intellectual, social and emotional development.
- IT’S FLEXIBLE...A job in childcare or early education can also offer flexibility of hours which would allow you to work around family or study commitments.
- IT’S CHALLENGING...Working with children also provides constant challenges, personally and professionally. You could be planning a curriculum, a care plan, a day trip or working with parents, the job will vary day-to-day. Every day is different.
- IT’S PROGRESSIVE...There is also plenty of career progression offered in a job in childcare or early education. You can start your career with very little experience and study for a qualification whilst you are working. You could also climb the career ladder by gaining higher qualification and experience. Possible career opportunities, subject to the relevant education and experience include: Childcare Assistant, Childminder, Leader, Manager, Montessori Teacher, Co-ordinator, Project worker, Tutor/Lecturer, Advisor, Specialist. - Source: Guide to Childcare Training Paths (Limerick City & County Childcare Committee and North Tipperary CCC)
- IT’S FUN...A job working with children, whether in a preschool, after school club or as a child minder, is primarily a fun one. You will be helping children learn through play and help them to discover the world around them.