How can male childcare workers be supported by childcare centre?
- Be pro-active and communicate the positives to parents and staff and make it a fact that men are involved with your program.
- Consider men and women in an equal and positive way.
- Men may work differently than their female co-workers and may like to introduce new ideas and ways of doing things – Be open minded and fair.
- Have policies and procedures in place for the protection of all i.e. the children and the childcare workers.
- Men are usually working in isolation from other men and they may need specific support from their supervisors to feel they are doing a good job and are included in the childcare team.
- Invite and Involve dads in the childcare centre - dads may be delighted to come and help out and introduce new ideas and skills.